Saturday, September 5, 2009

Shortbread

I Love shortbread. Its my favorite type of cookie so Im proud to have this as my very 1st post. I call this recipe Buttery Shortbread Cookies. The title sure fits the taste. These bars are thick, buttery, and chocolatey, and they simply melt in your mouth. Im going to write out the recipe exactly as I make it. Trust me, you'll love it!

INGREDIENTS
1 cup + 2 tablespoons UNSALTED butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 cups mini semi sweet chocolate chips
For the top: (optional)
1/4 cup powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS
In large bowl, beat together butter, salt, and granulated sugar till smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in flour cornstarch and then mini chocolate chips till well combined. Pour dough into buttered 9x9 square glass baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes at 325 degrees. Immediately sprinkle with 1/4 cup powdered sugar (This step is optional. I didnt do it this last time). Chill shortbread in refrigerater for 1 hour and then cut into 16 bars (4x4).
NOTE: My family always stores my bars or cookies in ziplock backs in the freezer. Keeps them more fresh for longer.

2 comments: