Thursday, June 21, 2012

Homemade Pasta Alfredo



I am one of the most pickiest eaters ever to exist. I really don't try to be but I get grossed out so easily by the slightest mishaps when it comes to food. I go through phases where I eat only one food because nothing else sounds good. The latests example is hot pockets. I would eat philly steak hot pockets every day until a few days ago when I got some weird hard piece of who-knows-what in my hot pocket. I spit it out and from that point forward, I can't even look at hot pockets. Problem is, hot pockets were like the only thing I ate, so you cut out the hot pockets, and now I eat nothing. Whitch obviously isn't gonna work, so lately Ive been looking for a replacement food. Which is why yesterday we whipped up the hootenanny pancakes. And then this morning It was homemade noodles with Alfredo sauce. I saw cream cheese in the fridge and knew of the best alfredo recipe that calls for cream cheese. So I first made the noodle dough and then cooked up the alfredo sauce and then added the uncooked noodles to the alfredo sauce while the sauce was still cooking/thickening and lightly boiled the noodles in the sauce for 9 min. Result: SO Delicious. This just might be my new daily food thing for a while. Only problem, takes a little effort/time. But at least I won't have to starve(: So heres the recipe if you ever want to try it. I promise its really really good.


  • Noodles and Alfredo Sauce
  • (modified from this recipe)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 6oz cream cheese
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
  • 1.5 cups milk
  • 2 cups shredded itallian cheese blend
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • salt
  • Pasta Dough (recipe below)
  • Directions: Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese, onion, and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper. Add pasta dough and lightly boil for an additional 9 min. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with extra milk if cooked too long. Sprinkle with extra cheese and salt if desired. 
Pasta Dough
(modified from THIS recipe)
1 egg
1 yolk
3/4 cup flour
Directions: Mix egg and flour till dough forms. Roll out flat onto floured surface and cut into noodles (using a pizza cutter)

No comments:

Post a Comment