Sunday, October 4, 2009

Spaghetti Pie


Im not much of a cook Im much more of a baker, so when I do cook its easy cooking. What Im trying to say is, I rarely make things from scratch. For me its usually mixing together a bunch of pre-made products and calling it a recipe. So I looked in the fridge today and saw an unoppened carton of ricotta cheese and I realized I had never used ricotta in a recipe berfore. So I was trying to decide between gnocchi and spaghetti pie and then I finally decided on spaghetti pie just because I know my dad would like it. Gnocchi just felt a little too risky. So I found a recipe in the BH&G cookbook but did a whole lot of imrovizing to where its definitly not the same recipe but it was definitly delicious and super easy so here you go...


Spaghetti Pie

6oz uncooked spaghetti
2 T butter
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup parmesan, divided
1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
1 egg
2 T minced onion
1 T minced garlic
1 t salt
1 16 oz jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 LB ground Beef (or turkey or sausage)
1 cup mozzerella

Boil noodels 10 minutes. Drain noodles & return noodles to pan. Add butter, 1 egg, & then 1/4 cup parmesan. In seperate bowl; mix remainig parmesan with ricotta, 1 egg, onion, garlic, & salt. In another seperate bowl; mix spaghetti sauce & beef. Press spagetti mixture on base of 9x9 glass casserole dish. Top with ricotta mixture spreading evenly. Top the ricotta layer with the sauce/meat mixture spreading evenly. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes . Top the sauce/meat layer with mozerrela cheese covering the entire casserole. Bake at 350 for an additional 10 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment