Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies





































Everyones gonna LOVE this Post! These cookies have 3 super fun ingredients: cake batter, sprinkles, chocolate chips. Found the recipe on Sally's Baking Addiction and was somewhat skeptical because I don't LOVE cake mix cookies. I like they're flavor but its sometimes just a little too strong. But when I saw that these cookies had equal part flour to cake mix I realized that this is not the traditional "Cake mix cookie" Also there is less egg and more butter in this recipe than in the traditional cake mix cookie recipe, therefore these cookies are more shortbread like, which I definitely prefer. Below is the recipe. It is written pretty much identical to sally's. Only difference are: I omitted the baking soda. (I don't like what leavening agents do to my cookies. They offer no benefits and make the cookies taste bitter and cause the cookie to lose its shape, so ya, why bother?) I used crisco instead of butter. Im definitely bias towards crisco, always have been. I used mini chips instead of regular chips (its because mini chips are what I had on hand and the cookies turned out great so I think I'll use mini chips next time as well. I one time made some cookies using white chocolate mini chips and they were so cool. I just can't find mini white chips at the store anymore): I also used christmas sprinkles (but thats not a switch up, thats just a variation. The blue christmas sprinkles Made these turn out soooo pretty!!!)


Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup crisco
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 t vanilla
1 egg
1-1/4 cup cake mix (white or yellow)
1-1/4 cup Flour
1 cup mini chocolate chips (white chocolate and/or semi-sweet chocolate)
1/2 cup sprinkles

Beat crisco and sugars till creamy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat till thoroughly combined. Gradually mix in flour and cake mix till cookie dough forms. Fold in sprinkles and chocolate chips. Scoop rounded tablespoons of cold-chilled dough onto cookie sheet. Bake cookies at 350 8-12 min (depending on size of cookies and also whether you like them more doughy or more golden.)

I baked mine for 10 min. Normally I would do 8min but Im bringing these to work and as much as I love doughy cookies I probably shouldn't serve raw doughy cookies to co-workers.

Recipe adapted from HERE 


No comments:

Post a Comment