Saturday, September 10, 2011

IHOP French Toast




So I went to Great Harvest Bread Today and bought a loaf of white bread. I NEVER eat bread unless its from Great Harvest. They make bread exactly the way I like it: Thick and chewy. And then tonight I noticed a carton of fresh whipping cream in the fridge. And I started thinking back about the IHOP french toast recipe off of thesisterscafe.com that Iv'e been wanting to try forever, so I knew I had to make it right then, and I'm so glad I did! The results were more than perect. And I'm not sure if it is because this is such an amazing recipe or if its just because great harvest bread makes awesome french toast, but whatever the reason, it really was the BEST french toast EVER. So I'll for sure be making this one on the regular.

IHOP FRENCH TOAST
(original recipe: thesisterscafe.com)
(my modifications are printed in red, and of course they're just optional)

2 eggs (I used 1 whole egg + 2 yolks)
1/2 cup whole milk (i used 1/4 C vanilla almond milk + 1/4 C cream)
1/8 t salt
1 t vanilla
3 or 4 Tablespoons Flour 
4 slices Great Harvest white bread

Whisk ingredients together in med size bowl. Dip bread front and back allowing each side to soak a couple min. Fry bread in butter in nonstick skillet over med heat till lightly golden on each side. Sprinkle w/ powdered sugar. Top with Coconut syrup and whipping cream or whatever other toppings you'd like.

Topping Ideas:
buttermilk syrup, strawberry syrup, marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, butter, whipping cream, bananas
((tonight I got carried away and used all of the above(: except for the bananas))

2 comments:

  1. LOL, heather i think its funny u actually read my blog. but seriouly u should make this. i only post recipes if I really like them. and this french is so good. i even made it again yesterday

    ReplyDelete