Sunday, November 15, 2009

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

I stole this recipe off of allrecipes but I changed it up a bit. I've made these cookies several times and the only thing I do different is I use half butter and half Crisco and sometimes I use m&m's or mini chocolate chips instead of regular chocolate chips. Modified or not, it's a fabulous recipe.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
(modified from original recipe)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup Crisco
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or M&M's)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
In large bowl, beat butter, crisco, and sugar till creamy. Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt until light and fluffy. Combine the flour and cocoa; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set.


No comments:

Post a Comment