Thursday, October 6, 2011

Halloween Crispy Treats




Ive been wanting to make candy corn crispy treats for a while, but I wasn't sure what recipe to use. The one on Brachs site is similar to my recipe except it calls for chocolate chips, so the crispy treats turn out brownish in color. Taste wise, chocolate chips sound good, but color wise, not so much. So I decided to incorporate the chocolate chip idea, but use white chocolate instead. Then I found another site called itsybitsyfoodies that has a recipe very similar to my recipe however it doesn't use any chocolate chips whatsoever however the crispy treats call for marshmallow creme in addition to the marshmallows which I thought sounded like a fabulous idea. So I combined my favorite aspects of both recipes and came up with my recipe, which I believe couldn't look/taste more perfect. Also, I use a 9x9 pan which makes my crispy treats extra thick kind of like the ones at thecrispery.com.








Halloween Crispy Treats
6T butter
6 cups Rice Crispy cereal
1 cup white chocolate chips
4 spoonfulls marshmallow fluff
1 cup mellowcreme pumpkins
Pillsbury Vanilla Frosting

In large saucepan, Melt butter on low heat until almost melted. Stir in marshmallows, stir continuously on low heat until butter and marshmallows are completely melted. Remove pan from heat and immediately stir in cereal, until evenely combined. Quickly Stir in white chocolate and transfer mixture into buttered 9x9 glass square dish. Press down. Press globs of marshmallow fluff evenly scattered over top of crispy treats. Press in 1 cups worth mellowcreme pumpkins. Cut into 9 large squares. Frost top of each square with Pillsbury vanilla frosting

1 comment:

  1. Fun ash. We need to get together and make fun halloween treats and crafts with the kids! Let me know when you would want to. I am not sure I have your right number. Maybe we can have a kids halloween party.

    ReplyDelete